Your choice of Level III AR500 or Lightweight Level III+ steel core armor plates.
Tactical Scorpion Gear AR500 steel core armor . (Made in the USA)
- A stand alone armor plate with multiple hit capability
- Laser cut
- Fully tested by independent Lab
- Rated for up to six hits from 7.62 Nato bullets (.308 Winchester) with velocities up to 2780 fps
Tactical Scorpion Gear Level III+ steel plate armor . (Made in the USA)
We are Compliant with all NIJ standards so dont pay more for lesser quality products .
- A stand alone armor plate with multiple hit capability – Easily passed NIJ.0.06 6 shot stand alone tests against 5.56 M855 M80 ball (greentip) and 5.56 XP193 55 Grain FMJ boattail . In house testing defeated 30-06 165 grain copper tip trophy.
- Base coat is fully encapsulated with 40 mils to protect against corrosion, chemicals and sweat
- Spall coat ( build-up) is 250 mils thick on strike face
- Laser cut
- Fully tested by independent Lab to 6 shot stand alone tests against 5.56 M855 M80 ball (green tip) and 5.56 XP193 55 Grain FMJ boat tail
- Simply Stronger, Thinner and lighter that the competition
Our new proprietary steel core is far stronger than the AR500 – AR650 steel core. This core is hardened all the way through unlike the AR500 – AR650 which is only surfaced hardened. At only 0.197 inches thick nominal makes it 20% lighter than the AR500 and superior in strength.
Our build-up spall coating is done with a Graco EXP-2 which is the top of the line high pressure heated coating system. Our plate core is chemically washed and etched on the strike surface to eliminate the coating from delaminating when shot which keeps the shrapnel from escaping from the armored assembly
Tactical Scorpion Gear 10 mm Trauma Pad
- Custom made , computer cut on triple axis CNC router machine to perfectly match our armor plate.
- Will absorb the impression of any projectile impact onto the armor plate protecting your ribs from the compression.
** This model complies with NIJ Standard-0101.06 for Ballistic resistance of Body Armor.**
We utilize a CNC laser cutting table for the cutting of all our Steel core products. If the seller of armor plate does not mention how its cut, then you can guarantee its not by laser There is no equal method
( Please view our attached video )
Plasma cutting cuts slowly, this puts a lot of heat into the steel. ( Submerged plasma cutting machine is no better) This excess heat can result in excessive chipping and damage near the cut edge during use and easily shattering when shot. Plasma cutting generates large amounts of heat that is deposited into the target, softening it’s edges. The heat-affected zone (HAZ) generated by plasma cutting is the largest out of the most commonly used methods for cutting abrasion resistant steel. Most AR500 is cut with plasma cutters as they are cheap and relatively small compared to other methods.
Here at Tactical Scorpion Gear we manufacture our own vest carriers, Kevlar level IIIA vests and all our products. We have every item listed in stock and ready for immediate shipping.
Tested by HP White laboratory
** This model complies with NIJ Standard-0101.06 for Ballistic Resistance of Body Armor.**
NIJ tested Level III Armor will defeat 6 rifles round shots up to 7.62×51/.308 @ 2780 ft/s @ 15 METERS
We only manufacture our plates from certified AR-500 steel with a Brinnell Hardness Rating of
Level 3+ plates are manufactured from a proprietary steel reaching Brinnell Hardness ratings in excess of 610