Tactical Scorpion Gear has taken the armor plate carrier to the next level. Convertible dual pocket design which can accommodate either a 8″x 10″ or 10″ x 12″ single plate or a 10″ x 12″ rigid Level IIIA with a 8″ x 10″ Level III AR500 plate as back-up for cardiovascular protection.
Our lightweight quick donning carrier vest complete with 10″ x 12″ or 8″ x 10″ Ar500 Level III plate.
Weighing in at only 1.5 pounds empty is our most lightweight carrier
Tactical Scorpion Gear Lightweight carrier vest . This vest provides pockets for the front and rear armor up to 10″ x 12″. Made of 600D nylon. This vest comes complete with armor . This is a Tactical Scorpion Gear exclusive design.
Made for quick and easy placement for in case of emergency.
- Armor type: Complete with 2 AR500 steel Level III plates in the size of your choice
- Size: Fully adjustable shoulder straps and girth– Small to XXLarge
- Dual pocket design with Velcro
- Quick donning / doffing with no clips or fasteners to fuss with
- No lead time, instant ship
Tactical Scorpion Gear AR500 steel plate armor . (Made in the USA)
- A stand alone armor plate with multiple hit capability
- Fully encapsulated to protect against corrosion, chemicals and sweat
- Full spall build-up coating available for additional charge
- Will fit most common carrier vests ( We manufacturer a full line of carrier vests)
- Laser cut
- Fully tested by independent Lab
- Rated for up to six hits from 7.62 Nato bullets (.308 Winchester) with velocities up to 2780 fps
- For front and/or back protection
No Lead Time – Quick Ship
We utilize a CNC laser cutting table for the cutting of all our AR500 products. If the seller of armor plate does not mention how its cut, then you can guarantee its not by laser There is no equal method
( Please view our attached video )
Plasma cutting cuts slowly, this puts a lot of heat into the steel. ( Submerged plasma cutting machine is no better) This excess heat can result in excessive chipping and damage near the cut edge during use and easily shattering when shot. Plasma cutting generates large amounts of heat that is deposited into the target, softening it’s edges. The heat-affected zone (HAZ) generated by plasma cutting is the largest out of the most commonly used methods for cutting abrasion resistant steel. Most AR500 is cut with plasma cutters as they are cheap and relatively small compared to other methods.
Our Curved plate is bent on a custom laser cut die set with single radius bend, not bent multiple times on a press brake.
Here at Tactical Scorpion Gear we manufacture our own vest carriers, Kevlar level IIIA vests and all our products. We have every item listed in stock and ready for immediate shipping.
** This model complies with NIJ Standard-0101.06 for Ballistic Resistance of Body Armor.**
NIJ tested Level III Armor will defeat 6 rifles round shots up to 7.62×51/.308 @ 2780 ft/s @ 15 METERS
We only manufacture our plates from certified AR-500 steel with a Brinnell Hardness Rating of