Tactical Scorpion Gear AR500 steel plate armor . (Made in the USA)
- 1.65 pounds lighter than our standard 10×12 plate
- A stand alone armor plate with multiple hit capability
- Fully encapsulated to protect against corrosion, chemicals and sweat
- Will fit most common carrier vests ( We manufacturer a full line of carrier vests)
- Laser cut
- Fully tested by independent Lab
- Rated for up to six hits from 7.62 Nato bullets (.308 Winchester) with velocities up to 2780 fps
- For front and/or back protection
- Plate Size : 10″ x 12″ Modified “MDF” – FLAT
No Lead Time – Quick Ship
We utilize a CNC laser cutting table for the cutting of all our AR500 products. If the seller of armor plate does not mention how its cut, then you can guarantee its not by laser There is no equal method
( Please view our attached video )
Plasma cutting cuts slowly, this puts a lot of heat into the steel. ( Submerged plasma cutting machine is no better) This excess heat can result in excessive chipping and damage near the cut edge during use and easily shattering when shot. Plasma cutting generates large amounts of heat that is deposited into the target, softening it’s edges. The heat-affected zone (HAZ) generated by plasma cutting is the largest out of the most commonly used methods for cutting abrasion resistant steel. Most AR500 is cut with plasma cutters as they are cheap and relatively small compared to other methods.
Here at Tactical Scorpion Gear we manufacture our own vest carriers, Kevlar level IIIA vests and all our products. We have every item listed in stock and ready for immediate shipping.
Weights : All weights are in pounds
10×12 modified ” MDF” : 6.8 pounds
Rated for up to six hits from 7.62 Nato bullets (.308 Winchester) with velocities up to 2780 fps. Will withstand multiple hits from all pistol calibers.
Base coated with Super strong hybrid polyurea for the protection of the steel.
Tested by HP White laboratory
** This model complies with NIJ Standard-0101.06 for Ballistic Resistance of Body Armor.**
NIJ tested Level III Armor will defeat 6 rifles round shots up to 7.62×51/.308 @ 2780 ft/s @ 15 METERS
We only manufacture our plates from certified AR-500 steel with a Brinnell Hardness Rating of