Military Surplus Legal
The military surplus items we have listed are just that “surplus”. The item pictured is reflective of the what I have listed. Conditions such as Fading, scuffing, soiling etc. may vary from this picture .We inspect every piece before listed and again at shipping but occasionally we overlook something. Unless stated otherwise these are used items which sometimes contain writting ,fading, ink spots etc. These are used items and may contain small defects that don’t affect the usage of the items and were not immediately noticable to us. We make every effort to ensure correct and complete information detailed in the listings. We cannot however assume any liability whatsoever for the information offered. We reserve the right to change all the information provided at any time without further announcement.
Body Armor Legal
By purchasing from East West Consolidated, LLC dba Tactical Scorpion Gear, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms & Conditions”); furthermore, you represent, warrant, and confirm the following:
– You are at least 18 years of age and the age of majority in your state, province, or territory of residence at the time of purchase;
– You are not a felon;
– You are not legally barred from purchasing, possessing, or using the item(s) purchased;
– You are legally allowed to possess and use the item(s) in your state;
– Your purchase does not violate any local, state, or federal laws;
– You are not purchasing the item(s) for criminal or amoral purposes;
– You will only use the item(s) purchased for lawful purposes;
– You are purchasing the item(s) on your own behalf and not on behalf someone else in order to avoid complying with these Terms and Conditions;
– You assume all risk of use (or misuse) of the item(s) purchased;
– You understand that body armor is not bullet proof—IT IS ONLY BULLET RESISTANT, and if a bullet strikes you there is always a risk you will be injured or killed; and
– You agree, for yourself and your heirs, assigns, and agents, to fully and completely release, never bring any action in any court of law against, and to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless East West Consolidated, LLC dba Tactical Scorpion Gear for any and all liability stemming from your purchase, possession, or use of the item(s).
Illegally purchasing, possessing, or using body armor or other items sold by East West Consolidated, LLC dba Tactical Scorpion Gear may result in severe legal consequences for you, up to and including incarceration. East West Consolidated, LLC dba Tactical Scorpion Gear will fully cooperate with all criminal investigations. Non-law enforcement residents of Connecticut are prohibited from purchasing body armor.
East West Consolidated, LLC dba Tactical Scorpion Gear assumes NO LIABILITY for your use or misuse of any item(s) sold or donated, including without limitation any incidental or consequential liability. ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY, ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED. NO ORAL AGREEMENT OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND SHALL BE BINDING UNLESS IN WRITING AND SIGNED BY East West Consolidated, LLC dba Tactical Scorpion Gear. Statements, images, or descriptions are informational only, and not made or given as a warranty in any way. East West Consolidated, LLC dba Tactical Scorpion Gear specifically disavows any other representation, warranty, or liability related to the condition or use of the items sold. East West Consolidated, LLC dba Tactical Scorpion Gear does not cover any consequential damages, and its liability is limited to repairing or replacing defective items. Every item is sold “AS IS” and “WITH ALL FAULTS”. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the product is with the buyer.
These Terms & Conditions may be updated, revised, or changed without prior notice.
Steel Target Legal
AR500 Steel Targets
Place the target away from buildings and other objects you wish to keep free from debris. The target will deflect lead and copper at roughly a 20 degree angle. Keep this in mind when choosing a location to place a target. The target must have a proper backstop behind it to stop misplaced shots. Always consider what is beyond the target and place it in a safe direction.
Caution: Bullet fragments may travel towards the shooter. All persons in the area must wear ear and eye protection. Bullet fragments may cause harm to shooters, spectators and objects near the target.
Use steel targets at your own risk. Shooting at steel targets can be dangerous and caution must be taken to ensure safety.
SHOOTING DISTANCE FOR AR500 STEEL TARGETS:
.22 Rim Fire, 9mm, .38 Spl, .44 Spl, .45acp – 8 yards
.357, .40 SW, .44 mag – 12 yards
Shotgun w/ lead bird shot – 12 yards
Shotgun w/ std velocity 00 buck – 20 yards
Shotgun w/ std velocity slug -50 yards
.30-30 – 100 yards
7.62 ,.308, .30-06 – 150 yards
.207 win,.223, 5.56 – 200 yards
Do not use XM-855 Green tip or steel core while shooting at steel targets as can be dangerous and will also void your warranty as can be easily identified as being shot with these projectiles.
When using a rifle the added distances are for the protection of the target and also the safety of the shooter. Impact velocities approaching 3000 fps can cause slight pitting and edge chipping of the target surface even with AR500 steels.
Rotate Your Targets to Extend Their Life
All of our targets are built allowing for ease of reversal. Rotating or “reversing your targets will result in safer targets and longer life. As targets are shot at the surface expands ever so slightly, this can cause your targets to bow slightly. For safety we want your targets to remain as flat as possible. Any strange angles or projections on your targets can also cause unpredictable splatter or ricochet behavior we want to avoid. Reversing your targets when you notice and bowing will reduce this effect by bowing in the opposite direction.